Friday, April 19, 2013

Chemo in Amsterdam, I like green but no party for me here!



1) chemo days 1 and 2 over, cytoblablahstine...or something like that (nausea, heart arythmia and tired like a train hit me)
2) chemo days 3 and 4 done and then 3 more to go before the TILS (this seems nicer chemo, still gives me nausea and will lead to my total hair loss, at this stage I really have not had time to worry about looking like a roll-on deodorant and wonder if I pull through how I will look in front of first year students when I teach this fall)

Chemo EVEN in amsterdam is NOT a party....but overall it is "ok" so far. Really I have asked about the medical marijane and I only get a little smile saying we deal with nausea fine for now and only once have they had to use it in all history of the ward, really????...so, the party is really not happening just because I am in the land of the green fairies.

I have a hard time sleeping, getting bored, and too tired to read or watch movies but mostly you just do not move much, nor eat much and feel like chemo brain mashed potatoes.

But there is beauty around me, a little orchid and lots of photos from the kids and their art work.

So far so good 3 more days....and then the TIL and the IL2 rollecoaster starting tuesday and then recovery week.


No comments:

Post a Comment