Thursday, March 14, 2013

I like green

Today I had brain MRI, blood tests (tons) and anesthesis plus a good interview with Nurse "Hank", super nice guy who told me all the glorious details of the TIL...

Now, the first good news is that the MRI is clean! without this the trip would have stopped here...for the rest:

-Surgery of tumors next thursday the 21st
-leukapheresis the thursday after the 28th
-a ton of exams I have to complete (CT scan, chest X rays, heart blah, blah blah)
-first chemo for 2 days starts April 15th,  then second chemo for 5 days
-TIL transplant the 22nd or 23rd;
-first dose of IL2 4 hours after TIL then every 8 hours...bringing me to be in the hospital well into may 4th...(so yes my birthday april 28th will be in hospital)

Now this is chinese to most of you but for me it felt like going to the travel agent and finally getting a clear picture of what each day will be filled with, what side effects to expect, what drugs they will give me, what is likely to happen if thing go well/not well, etc...

It seems that visits might not be such a good idea given that my immune system will be down to zero level and only start rising a week or so after IL2, so there goes that...seems I will be very tired, mostly resting and recovering from each "trip" (yes apparently one of the side effects of IL2 could be hallucinations) so yes, do not google IL2 blogs too much if you do not want to freak out.

But me, I was doing a happy dance almost jumped at the nurse when he told me the MRI was ok and that we could move forth.

Prof Haanen did say that now we want the harvested TILS to grow LOTS, so next week you have to work hard sending your good vibes, prayers, reiki, thoughts etc to my TIL cells in the NKI lab and believe through some sort of quantum physics and all your love that they will grow well into 200 billion cells would be ideal...

So I leave you exhausted but happy....we will get to run the experiment!!!!!

Below a melanoma cell surrounded by healthy cells, and THAT is why I like green,


Cancer cells

4 comments:

  1. Your Blog is fantastic! I am inviting all our friends to pray from this day on. Those TIL cells will be feeding on Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonjour Pat,
    Comme une de mes peintures ;)
    Ces photos font partiedes mes inspirations, j'y rajoute les étoiles et l'infini et les feux d'artifices de la vie ... l'infiniment petit et l'infiniment espace se ressemblent et dans cet espace je me joins aux autres âmes souteneuses pour envoyer les ondes d'amour et de vie vers ce labo où tes cellules se multiplient. Ca va marcher je le sais. Et mon ange gardien me souffle à l'oreille que je le sens juste. Je t'aime, je t'embrasse fort mais avec douceur. Marie Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you introduce me to nurse Hank please?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news P.
    The record of grown T-cells in Amsterdam is mine (196 billion), but you are more than welcome to break it. I in anyway will light a candle for you to beat me.

    Hein

    ReplyDelete