Saturday, March 9, 2013

gratitute from a 6 year old and love from a 12 year old

Aurélien's understanding of fundraising

Hadrien's understanding of love
Prof Haanen thinks I might have a slot to see the anesthesiologist, do blood work and brain MRI (which needs to be clean for me to get in) on thursday and he hopes surgeon can take tumor out friday morning. Then within a week we know if TILS are growing. I must confess the amount of stress now is really high and there seems to be little more that can be "done" so I keep on telling myself I might aswell continue on being here. The major fear we have is that the disease progresses too fast to allow me to start the trial as after surgery we still have a leucapheresis and the 2-3 weeks it will take for the TILS to grow. My children see right through me. As they hear us talking about the incredible amount of support we are getting they also wanted to say thank you in the best way they can. Aurélien who was worried about us not being able to afford the treatment, and as the fundraising continues to go well I assure him this will not be a problem. Hadrien is like us learning about a different definition of "love", this is the big connection love, the big link love, the love from even those who do not know us love....all in all we are just filled with incredible gratitude and feel humbled by the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment